Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Not So Harsh Times: Volume One PICTURES

I am America's Number One Women's Handball Fan!


My sister Melinda and her boyfriend Travis at the "Bird's Nest"
Genetically-superior women who could steal my milk money in grade-school.
Spain Fans are fantastico!
My Napoleon-loving friend Luojia who joined us for Track at the "Bird's Nest"

This is Nadia, the fifth member of our Bird's Nest Track team on Saturday. She is a native of Beijing, and had a dream days before that she said was similar to the day that we had. Nadia shed tears of joy when they played a "Happy Birthday" song for a Chinese athlete who turned nineteen. I have to say even I found it a little sentimental.
This is Nadia and I on our pilgrimage forward to the Bird's Nest. We got dropped off over a mile away from the stadium and the march was reminiscent of the "Oregon Trail" computer game.
Once again, another genetically-superior female athlete doing things that I could not do with a ladder.
Let's get ready to rumble..........These guys are the size of jockeys but they are as mean as evil leprechauns.
A few of the fabulous Olympic mascots. They are so incredibly fantastic!
I am in trance mode as I watch more Handball. You gotta love the goofball with the thundersticks and crazy bandanna a few rows down. He was as smashed as a sailor who just hit port.
Words are not necessary to describe the Olympics. Only this picture!

No comments: